Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bella-isms

I can't believe my sweet baby is 5. My heart says stop, stop growing, but I thrill with each new milestone, and try to savor every laugh, every joy & their individual personalities. Bella is her own sweet girl and sometimes the things she says just crack us up. This is one bella ism related to me by my aunt Kimberly who lives down the street. The girls stayed with them when we were in Baltimore recently:

Scene: Sunday morning, all the kids are getting ready for church. Hayden (14) and Dallin (11) are tying their ties while Bella gets her dress zipped up and hair fixed by aunt Kimberly.

Bella (to Hayden): *dramatic sigh* when I wear this dress, all the boys faint
Hayden: Bella, do you know what faint means?
Bella: Yeah, it's when their knees get weak and they fall down because I am so attractive

When I got home from my trip she related to me that Hayden fainted twice because she was so attractive and so did Andrew who is a little boy in her class. And that Andrew always faints when she wears her yellow dress. Then Kimberly told me the story of the morning conversation and how her boys laughed about it all day long!

Bella just has her own unique sense of self & style and I love that she knows how beautiful she is. If only we can keep her this self-confident all the way through high school! I love my 5 year old girl!
what...

beachwear, I know it's too cold to put my face in the water, but I look cool mom!

She got 2 outfits from her fav friends Olivia & Gabby so she decided to wear them both, you can't see it but she has dr seuss striped leggins underneath the dress. So cute, she even wore them on Sunday to her sisters baptism under her dress! Mom was so crazy she didn't even notice!

3 comments:

Deon said...

Happy Birthday Bella!

Bella Dyer said...

that is so funny! What a sweetie! Little does she know the guys will be fainting in the not to distant future.

Bella Dyer said...

that is so funny! What a sweetie! Little does she know the guys will be fainting in the not to distant future.