Sunday, September 28, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
My friend does a fun thing called 10 on Tuesday, 10 random things about her day. I thought that was a really fun thing to do and a great idea. This is supposed to be a journal and most of the things we do are not super exciting, but still constitute the joy of our every day life. So of course I am going to copy her idea. But I didn't want to wait until next Tuesday to start so since it is Thursday, I thought I could do 30 on Thursday or 3 on Thursday so I am going with 3 on Thursday (and I know you readers are giving a giant sigh of relief).
1. Alone time with Savannah is precious. Thursdays Savannah goes to a special program called EXCEL...well today was her first day anyway...so this morning we got to spend some alone time walking to the bus, early. Early for me. The last 2 school districts they have been in I haven't had to walk them so I usually stay in my jammies until all the kids are gone and I can spend time getting myself fixed up cute. So I left the littles at home with David (just around the corner mind you) and walked in the glorious-after rain fresh air with a sweet sweet little girl. Who was a little nervous about riding a big bus with kids she didn't really know, without older brother there holding her hand. I have set a goal to take each of my kids on a one-on-one date every month because I feel like I need to enjoy them more.
3. Dinner was delicious-bruschetta chicken-so easy, a must try recipe. Yummy, filling, smelling good in the kitchen while it bakes. Delicious! There is nothing like a clean kitchen & warm food smells coming from the oven to remind you to count your blessings.
PS. Going through my photos to add to my digital photo frame...oldies but goodies today:
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Dave & Bella kissing in Waterloo
It's raining here, finally. Did I ever mention that I LOVE the rain? I guess I am a true Western Washantonian...but it is true, I do love it, the smell, the gray cloudy skies, listening to it patter on the window. And since it is raining, and rain means warm quilts, hot chocolate (not from starbucks alas since it is Sunday after all) and reading & thinking I thought I would share 5 things I am thankful for today. Which is something I was thinking about while sipping hot chocolate, under a blanket, listening to the rain (come on doesn't that sound heavenly??)
1. Healthy kids-my kids although battling colds has been our MO for the last month are really very healthy. No allergies, no history of illness. It seems like they get the flu about every time we move to a new area, but the next year do okay. But all in all they are really healthy kids, and I am so grateful for that blessing.
2. My husband, who always calls me his sweetheart, even in the flyer he had printed up to give to patients it states...dr. dave keller blah blah blah, educated at blah blah blah, hobbies include blah blah and at the very end (because all important things are at the end) spending time with his four children and his *sweetheart* Rachel.
3. Snuggling babies, although I probably won't be thankful for this at 2 in the morning when Benj wants to snuggle after he's been fed and I just want to go to sleep with no babies in my arms. But truly today I am grateful that he is so cuddly because that stage doesn't last forever. Unless your name happens to be Savannah Keller, then it probably will last forever.
4. Music-where would the world be without it. I love music of all kinds, and always have to have music on and right now the music of choice is Christmas music. It is like therapy for me, turn on Christmas music and I am in heaven. Especially in the fall when the chill is in the air and you know the holidays are right around the corner.
5. Good teachers-we have a great Sunday school teacher at church, who even puts out lessons on the web for those who do not make it to class. He goes the extra mile, is always smiling, and is very patient with the ladies who have a million questions or go off on really wierd tangents. (one of whom BTW is Tanya Harding's mom...for real). Anyway, I am so thankful for all the teachers in my life, those who teach me, have taught me and those who are teaching my kids.
Lastly, are you a woman, are you in need of some extra inspiration...than check out my sister in law Marzee's new blog. She has been wanting to create a blogzine for a while, a place where women can go to be inspired and share things with each other. I think she is off to a rockin start (did I just say rockin?? that totally dates me doesn't it-oh well). Happy Sunday all!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Ben is learning to crawl...here are some action shots:Mom has a camera... He's got his head down now so he's concentrating...
And last but not least...baby gates are good for more than just protecting babies...you can also lock your kids in the basement with them!! But only if they are too lazy to figure it out themselves.
Ben is starting to explore a lot. The other day, he crawled away from me while I was working on the computer, got turned around in the kitchen and decided he was lost. He was crying and crying, crawling around trying to find someone, anyone...but we were all in other rooms. Poor baby!
Saturday, September 6, 2008
A view of the Medical/Dental center where Dave spent 4 years, and where little David was born. Top floor, 6th window in with a view of the stadium.
A wonderful day!
Savannah posing at the bus stop. They didn't want to wait for me, but I wanted to walk them to the bus the first day. Now they just run out the door every morning, so excited.
David doesn't even turn around, Savannah gives one last look to mom & the little ones.
Isabella ready to color, her favorite thing to do.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
To say goodbye to summer the right way we went on a fun Dyer family reunion to Seaside Oregon. I know what you're thinking... I already posted about a Dyer family reunion...but as I explained to my kids: There is the big dyer family, and the little dyer family and this was the first annual little Dyer family reunion. Just my parents, brothers & sister and their families. It was wonderful. We rented a beachhouse in a little town north of Seaside for Labor Day weekend and spent the time enjoying the beach, enjoying each others company, playing games and then...GETTING VIOLENTLY ILL. That's right...violently ill. Poor Dave came down with the worst case of the flu he has ever had since I have known him, that would be 13 years!! He was barfing, sweating with a fever, freezing with the chills. It happened on Monday so we were still able to enjoy the beach for 3 days before heading home a bit early, but I felt so bad for him. Usually I am the one getting sick so he has just been miserable.
But back to our reunion. My brother Scott is getting ready to go to BYU-I this week so it was a fun way to spend time all together before he left. We kept a picture of my brother Travis on the wall, since he couldn't leave his mission and all the responsibilities he has as the district leader for a WHOLE COUNTRY (Luxembourg-one of our favorite countries).
The kids loved playing together, and hardly fought at all. Too many m & m's were eaten by everyone, footballs were thrown, soccer was played and we had a fun time together. David learned to skimboard and loved it, Savannah even tried it with Rebecca a few times before getting in a bad spill and going back to just jumping waves and collecting seashells which (thankfully) did not end up coming home with us to add to our already too large collection. Benj fell in love with sand, and didn't get too much in his mouth. Bella wasn't feeling up to par so she spent most of the time either falling asleep in a chair, or digging in the sand. I love being together, I love the ocean & waves and being with my family so it was a perfect vacation.
And do you know what is better than going to church on vacation and feeling the spirit when you are far away from your own home & congregation? Going to church on vacation and seeing your awesome cousin there with her family, who is also far away from her home ward. Dyers Rock!! Dyer-Madsens do too!!
Ben & Grandma
Bella is not feeling her normal sweet self this weekend
Savannah is really into posing right now...so cute!
Using the cars as a windbreak-awesome-isn't bella's little swimsuit bum cute!!
Dave sleeping off a 4 am night of laughing with Scott-this was pre-illness
It looks like a herd of wild horses went through here...nope just a fun soccer match, you also can't see it well but the kids are skimboarding out there...David is on the left. I couldn't find my camera so all I have are so so phone photos from the weekend...oh well.
I don't know why my pictures were so blurry...shaking with excitement I guess
Do you love David's hot pink goggles...me too!
And here she is again, imitating the dancers
David thought he would die of boredom, luckily grandma saved him by giving him a Nintendo DS to take with him.
Are you at the statue...we were so confused!