Monday, March 23, 2009
taking care of little babies who aren't feeling so good...isn't he delightful??
and taking care of bigger babies who also aren't feeling so good. We have had a bout of stomach flu that lasts and lasts make its rounds through the kids, not the throw up kind...but still no fun. It's finally made it's way to me YUCK YUCK.
Bella is expressing her independant fashion taste lately. My mom picking her up from pre school commented, "she looks like a bag lady". Sometimes it's just easier to let her wear what she wants and freeze than fight her on it, she is soooo stubborn. Her new favorite outfits are the one below, accentuated with a large bright yellow scarf of mine that she wears like a pashmina and her ballet tights, leotard and skirt that she insists is appropriate pre-school attire if you just add the skirt below and a cute sweater to the ensamble. She truly wears this skirt at least 3 x a week. She is almost as bad as David who tries to sneak to school in the same holey sweats every day.
My lovely birthday cake, that my sweet husband...otherwise known as my BFF (BEST FRIEND FOREVER for those who didn't go to my junior high and aren't familiar with our lingo). He had Tuesday off which was my birthday and he is really good at making a fuss over me, always cooking& taking care of me. He baked these cupcakes earlier in the day, frosted them and put the candles in and left them in the oven until the party. Then forgot they were in the oven when he went to pre-heat it to make lasagne (another favorite treat of mine). I was disappointed because German chocolate cake is my absolute fave! I settled for a 7 lb chocolate cake from costco...YUMMY!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Portland Temple Atrium, Jan 5, 1996
Just so I am perfectly clear, these are in no particular order.
1. He always makes me laugh...even when I really don't want to laugh, he is still there trying to crack jokes and make me laugh. I always know when it is time for an epidural because he is no longer funny, in fact that is when his joking makes me mad. But then the anesthesiologist comes and then I can laugh again.
2. He knows all my inside jokes, can finish my sentences, and makes fun of the same things, or laughs at the same things I do. We have been sharing our life since 1995 and that makes for a lot of inside jokes.
The day we got engaged, Oct 2, 1995
3. He loves me in spite of and sometimes, I think, because of all my neurosis. Enough said!4. He goes to museums and plays with me even though he'd rather be home watching a game or reading a book. In fact, we went to at leats one museum usually more than one in every city in Europe we visited, now that is LOVE!
5. He is a good father to our children, what more can a mother ask for.
At our reception, lovely winter theme. I LOVED my dress & flowers but mostly the man I was standing next too!
6. He will stay up late at night when I want to talk. He makes a big fuss like he hates it, but I know inside he secretly loves it. Now for those who know Dave, he loves to go to bed really early and get up really early, so you know what a sacrifice this is.7. He has the most beautiful blue eyes, now I know this isn't really a "friend" quality and I am only supposed to be listing "friend" qualities, but this is my list and I can do what I want.
8. He helps me with my math. I don't need to go into more detail than that do I?? Most of you know I am bad at math!
9. He pushes me to be better and loves me regardless of all my weaknesses.
10. He knows when I need love and freely gives it.
This is my favorite of our wedding pictures, the photographer was standing on the other side of the reflection pool, we were goofing around between shots, my dad took this from behind.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Gabriella & Hyrum so cute
Rick Dyer Jr., Dick Dyer, Laurie Dyer
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
And here is the 3rd picture...the before the shirt is off photo...note that her pants and shirt are on backwards...hee hee!
And here are some more lovely pictures from our little photo folder. I think Dave took these pictures to share when he was giving a lecture-he's so crazy!And while I am blogging, do you know what I love about blogs...they connect us with the people we care about, or would have lost touch with when the army sends you from here to kingdom come. But it also shows you that the world is a really small place. I just found out that my friend from Germany is also friends with my friend who lives in Hawaii-a non military connection I never would have made. I also found out today that an old friend from North Carolina lives about 35 minutes from me now, but without blogs I never would have known that. Isn't it wonderful!