Monday, November 9, 2009

Pumpkins & Patches & Puddles Oh My

How did fall just sneak up on me? One day I am lounging on the beach in beautiful weather and the next it is raining and halloween is already behind me. Forgive me if I have adopted a little of the island mentality and am a few weeks behind on posting pictures.
We started off the season with a pumpkin picking party at Grandma's Garden. Trust my mom to throw a party for all 14 of her grandkids on her own birthday. She is pretty giving! Then the floodgates opened and we spent Isabella's fall trip to the pumpkin patch in the pouring, driving, freezing rain!
Where my butt got so wet and my pants so muddy from the kids shoes that they are actually stained!
We did find a pretty cute pumpkin though!

We headed over to our old standby Joe's place (favorite farmstand ever) for some bigger pumpkins, Savannah wasn't satisfied with the size of the one she got from Grandma and Ben's was a little green gourd so we got 2 more and some delicious homemade apple cider
Carving is serious business!
You can't see it well, but we got these really COOL looking pumpkins from Joe's place but they were impossible to carve, even with Dave's big hunting knife! So Savannah carved her pumpkin from grandma after all and Dave carved Isabella's grandma pumpkin for Ben since she got another at BI-Zi Farms.
Little chubby hands! He loves his punkin!

2 comments:

Kristin D. said...

I love how you make every event such a special occasion. Your kids are going to have so many good memories.

Lynn Lambert said...

Looks like fun! It was so hot and muggy here right before Halloween that all the pumpkins at the only Pumpkin Patch on the island were all rotten. I miss fall! I'll admit I can do without the cold weather though :)