Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Grandpa


10 days before Emily was born we lost my wonderful grandfather. I haven't blogged about it because my emotions were out of control and even though they are still pretty tender I wanted to share how much I love grandpa and how blessed I am by his life and example. I have always felt very close to my grandparents, and still miss my grandmother dearly even though she has been gone for over 2 years. To me they are examples of people who did their very best to love their family and live their faith. I am comforted knowing they are together again, and that their marriage is an eternal one. And I am thankful that I have their example to follow as I live my own life.



Love you grandpa!

3 comments:

Taffers Dawn said...

Oh I am so sorry! That would be so hard! He seems like a great person!

Kristin D. said...

What a sweet wonderful man he must be. Grandpas are the best. How are you doing?

Lucy Lybbert said...

Rach,
Thanks for this post. We have been so blessed to be so close to our grandparents I cannot wait till the day I get to see grandpa and grandma together. It will be well worth the wait. Thank you agian for your sweet thoughts about grandpa and grandma... I hope everything is going well with emily and the rest of the family send them my love!