Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Boys Boys Boys



Last week was all about the boys. First we had a pinewood derby. Dave & my dad helped David make his car (notice the paint job-most definitely not done by an almost 9 year old with a 2 second attention span). Last year the pinewood derby was the week the movers came to pack us out...David's car ended up being a painted block with wheels and quarters attached. Needless to say he came in dead last and ended up crying so we felt we needed to make it up to him by helping him make a super car this year. Thanks to Dad's secret formula David won every race, by a lot! He was so happy-doing victory dances after every race but making sure to tell the other kids they did great too.
Sunday was Benjamin's blessing, my parents flew in Friday and we spent Saturday visiting Jamestown (pictures to come later) which was fun since we have an ancestor who came through there. The blessing was very nice and we had a great lunch after with us & friends. We missed having our family there though, this is the first baby to be blessed with out Grandpa Dyer, Dave's dad & my brothers in the circle. A big drawback of living away, but we were so happy to have mom & dad there. The booties I bought last year when we were travelling in Belgium, mom & I were looking in all the lace shops admiring all the handmade things, and I couldn't not buy booties even though I wasn't pregnant. I even bought a little bonnet for a baby girl so some lucky niece or nephew might end up with that someday!!
Last picture I had to add, we were making cookies & I turned my back and bella snuck into the butter...gross gross gross. But if I leave butter out my girls will eat it raw. She says, see mom it's real good!

5 comments:

anna said...

so cute! you will have to give us that pinewood derby secret when our boy gets older. heh heh! and your ben-baby is just beautiful!! i can't wait to meet him!!

Dents said...

cool sponge bob car, my girls would be jealous. No fair you only have 62 days left! Are you heading out to Vancouver?

Kjrsten said...

Rach, he is adorable! SO awesome to have your parents there, I love that you guys are always out sight-seeing! (I guess that comes with the territory of living in cool places!) By the way, his outfit is PERRRRRRRRRFECT! I love it!

Unknown said...

Good job David! Glad you won. And Rach the blessing outfit is so cute. Wish we could have been there.

Anonymous said...

impressed by the artistic talents of spongebob - butter - my younger sister was always sneaking into that too. weird - and gross. kids.