Friday, February 22, 2008

Girlie Girls

I butched the girls hair last week. And I have to say it looks very cute. Bella & Savannah had both gone far too long without haircuts-and even longer without anything more than a small trim. Savannah wanted to grow her hair long after her horrific brother wielding scissors incident when she was 4-so it had not been really cut since then (and yes, it was THAT short) and Bella had never had a real haircut either. Anyway, I got tired of all the whining in the mornings while I managed the tangles so I finally gave in to Dave's pleadings and gave the girls a bob and I think it looks really cute. Dave was really happy (he loves short hair on girls) and they like it too so I think we'll stick with this style for a while. Savannah's hair ended up being a bit shorter, I had to cut off some stray hairs that i had missed and got a little carried away so now it is right at her jawline...so cute
Here are some pictures from our walk on Monday:

Walking in the footsteps of George Washington...this ferry road lead across the river to his home

We always let the kids pick a treasure when we are on our adventures. All Bella wanted was this little bonnet. Savannah chose a fan and David picked a pack of civil war army guys.

The littlest man sleeping away

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tabitha is convinced that since she was the first to cut her hair short . . . that everyone wants to do their hair like hers . . . as we've had a succession of cousins and family (my mom and I) - chopping hair off. She'll luuuuuv hearing about this (as if she had something to do with it). Cute, cute, cute! Isn't it funny how much older they look with it short?

The Anthony Family said...

Cute haircuts. I love short hair on little girls. I wish we went out on hikes as much as you, but alas it is snowing again today. So we will look at your pictures and long for the snow to melt so we can join nature trails once again. Good times!

Dents said...

I like the haircuts..it is definately easier to manage too. Your walks look fun, at least you have cool american history sites to visit. We get to enjoy the sight of an active volcano looming over us each day, and the splendor of Tacoma. We are moving to Colorado. Greg is out there right now he is forming a group with a couple other guys, he is pretty excited about it. It would be fun to see you guys in Vancouver in April.

Kjrsten said...

I love the haircuts! The bonnet is adorable, girls are so much fun! And so are sisters!

anna said...

i love the short hair on those girls! completely adorable!! it's so sweet to see how happy they are! oh, and that pic of "the littlest man" makes me melt. he is toooo yummy!!