Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Long Trip




3221 Miles
8 Days
12 states
a ton of trail mix
6 cases of soda
10 bathroom stops per day

We're finally here at our destination and spent the last week and a half just resting. It was a fun trip, with lots of special days visiting historic sites from our pioneer heritage. We sold our firstborn for BYU paraphanalia at the bookstore & car-i-oked our little hearts out. Benjamin was the best behaved baby ever, and really only had one difficult afternoon. Now we are camping at grandmas until we find a house to buy & Dave is in heavy practice finding mode-looking at buying one or working at a few different ones. We are on vacation until June 16th so we've got time until he has to really start working again and we are enjoying being together.

9 comments:

Kjrsten said...

rach! Oh how i have missed you and your blogs! Wow, what an adventure you had coming home, Kentuky, Carthage, Ut! Awesome! you guys are the ultimate sight seers!

Dents said...

Your trip across country looks like it was amazing. I loved the church history pictures. It looks like I have some work to do..I noticed Olivia and Maren have been tagged! I have been neglectful with my blogging..i have discovered twilightmoms.com, combined with looking for a house..there just isn't time to blog :)

Anonymous said...

What a great slide show, it was a fun trip

The Anthony Family said...

You're back! Yeah!! I am glad you guys made it safely home and just a little sad we didn't get to see you! I was holding my breath around the 8th thinking you were somewhere nearby. Waahh!! I am sure your are glad you survived the long journey with the family. I hope Dave finds what he wants in the new area. Goodluck, fingers crossed!

Marie said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! We miss hanging out with you especially now that is has finally warmed up. Good luck job/practice hunting!

jen said...

EIGHT DAYS IN THE CAR!!! You are wonder woman.
I'm so happy that you are HOME!
I bet you are ready to grow some roots!! I'm so happy for you and your cute family!

anna said...

does this mean you are HERE??? can't wait to see you guys!

Rebecca said...

I overheard Gabby saying the other day to one of her stuffed animals, "when it is our turn to live at Grandma's, we will have fun." She thinks that is so cool you get to live there.

Kjrsten said...

HEY RACH! I don't have your email so I am communicating through your blog instead (sorry). Margaret and I are getting a "team Raquel" together in Honor of our lovely grandma for a race called the Sound to Narrows. It is a really exciting and beautiful run in tacoma on June 14th. there is a 5K and 10K run/walk. what do ya say? are you IN! Ask you sisters (Rebec, kelly and Marzee) and Aunt Laurie too! We are going to get as many of raquel's girls as we can... Val anna gretta chloe keirra etc...