Thursday, June 26, 2008

Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

The weather is finally looking like summer and so we took advantage of the beauty and headed to Vancouver lake for some fun in the sun. It is one of the many local lakes that I used to go to growing up. And check out the views of Mt. St. Helens & Mt. Hood-does it get any better than this?? There are plenty of great places to play in the water here and the kids said it was almost as fun as the German Schwimbads-if only it had a waterslide!!


Savannah & Caitlyn

David making friends

The girls are digging all day

Benj chillin in the shade

Monday I was making cookies for family night with Bella's help. We had gotten all the ingriedients in and were getting ready to do a final mix, I turned my back for one second and when I turned around the bowl was full of pink lemonade. Bella says, ''mom the cookies were thirsty"-this girl has an excuse for everything. I mixed them up anyway, they were a little flatter than normal but tasted grrreat!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

We had so much fun here! Are we going somewhere next week?

Phillips Flips said...

What a fun day! And next time I make cookies I'll have to try a little pink lemonade...Bella cracks me up! I'm telling you, she and Delia need to get together someday. I can just imagine them as 13-yr-olds, yikes! And your Ben is such a cutie!