Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Home Sweet Home

So we have been stressing about finding a home, not that we don't love mooching off my parents-but frankly a family of 6 needs their own space and so do the angels who have taken us in...so we made an offer last week and it was accepted and we are SO EXCITED to have a place of our own. We move in July 18th! Here are some pictures of the lovely domicile


It is on the same street as my aunt Kim who has kids the same ages as mine & a wonderful babysitter I am sure we will be taking advantage of (thanks Talia...)

I think this is what drew us the most...the yard isn't huge but the wetland behind us is govt owned so there won't be any houses on it ever. YEAH! So the kids have their own private wilderness and there are some planned trails and a new park going in on one side of the wetland.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Rach that's awesome! I am so glad you found a house and the part about the no back neighbors is a huge plus! Good luck in the move and enjoy your new home!!

Jody said...

Good for you! I'm sure it's a big relief to have that out of the way. Where is it? It looks a lot like my parents-style of house.....which I'm sure a lot of nieghborhoods have the same style there! Do you know what ward you'll be in?

Rachel said...

We're in North Stake, and are living right off 205 after the mall exit if you remember that area...I don't know which ward it is yet.

Kailey said...

Yay!!! You guys deserve that beautiful home! We will be visiting you!

Phillips Flips said...

Wow, you guys are so grown up! I can't imagine taking those big steps of starting a practice and buying a house. I bet it is so nice to be somewhat settled in your own place. I love the yard! Germany misses you guys a lot.

Chris Kline said...

Congrats. I'm sure it feels good to be able to put down some roots. Give my best to Major Dave.

Anonymous said...

House looks great - exciting!

Dents said...

hey congrats on the house, so you must be all moved in by now. That is crazy that you moved into the ward Greg's cousin Jenn is in. How are things going for you now that you are officially civilians? How is Dave liking work? Happy birthday to Bella!