Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Double ear infection, prednizone, lots of tylenol & advil...and I am still such a good mom that I take my kids to the fair! Yep the fair is a long honored tradition at our house. When we visited we never missed and so far we haven't missed yet. One of the first things Dave did with my family was go to the fair.

But this summer our family mantra has been "we can't do that because we're saving our money for Hawaii". So the kids have had to make hard choices, burgerville or hawaii fun money, movies or hawaii fun money. This year they forfeited rides at the fair for fun in Hawaii. We're trying to teach them the value of money and that we can't do or pay for everything. But even with just visiting animals, peeking at the jausting and doing the free stuff they still had a fabulous time.




The girls made little purses at the sewing booth
I think David took this picture when we weren't paying attention


We LoVe the fair!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

you're a trooper I don't think I would be up for that feeling like that. Hawaii sounds fun! When and where are you going?

Lynn Lambert said...

The fair looks fun! I'm glad you're saving your "Hawaii Fun" money though. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!