Monday, March 2, 2009

10 Years Old

My baby boy is in the double digits and I have officially been a mother for a decade. It is hard to believe how fast time has flown and the little bundle that I used to rock and smell his hair is now old enough to stay home by himself and figure out a good argument to get his bed time extended. David is a joy to be around, he is full of fun, quick wit, energy and plays a mean game of HALO. We all love him so much.
Of course he requested pizza for his birthday dinner & an alien cake with flying saucer. Even though he had pizza for hot lunch at school and pizza at his birthday party the next day. He could eat pizza every day for a year and not be sick of it.
Birthday party at the bowling alley

COSMIC BOWL

I made an army cake for his birthday, the guys were capturing the covenant flag.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pizza, aliens, and bowling? Now theres a mom who lets there kids do anything! I can still remember your beautiful wedding reception. Times flies. LORI

Heidi said...

Oh boy boy's are silly. Looks like they had a ton of fun

Kristin D. said...

That is quite the birthday. So do you have any pictures of your wedding reception to share with those of us who weren't there.

Deon said...

What an awesome birthday! You can't go wrong with pizza and bowling!

Rebecca said...

I wish I could have come to celebrate. But he is almost getting too old to want his silly OLD aunt over. That is unless I play HALO with him. Although he would probably hate it because I am so bad.

Hill Family said...

I can't believe you have a kid that old....are you even old enough? We need to get together again let get in touch.

Lynn Lambert said...

Looks like David had a wonderful birthday party! We can't wait to see you guys, hopefully this fall?

Ben & Jen said...

What a fun looking birthday.... and talk about throwbacks with the crosley lanes!!! Love the cake.

Dents said...

Looks like David had a wild party. I like the group shot at the bowling alley. That kid in the front in the red shirt looks like he is having an awesome time!!