Monday, March 9, 2009

When the cat's away...

The Mice Make Cupcakes!
Savannah showing off her artistic skill


Yes, that is food coloring we just decorated our cupcakes with instead of gel...how could you tell?
Gabriella & Hyrum so cute


OH YUMMY!
We have a fantastic babysitter, my cousin Talia...and she is wonderful not just because she lives down the street and I don't have to pick her up...but because she really plays with the kids. When she comes for longer than an hour she always bakes something, and leaves me the leftovers YUMMY! Thankfully she took these great photos to show their handiwork with the food coloring gel pens.
So on Saturday Dave was working all day at a scouting event and my BIL Douglas was working all day at work so my sis & I decided to have a girls afternoon and go together to our cousins' wedding. We left the bigs at home with Talia and took just the babies. I am so glad we went. We got to spend a few hours with my grandpa, who I love and don't see often enough, and I got to spend 5 hours in the car laughing & talking with my BFF. We visited grandma Raquel's grave which has the most beautiful headstone on it. Plus we got to see Keith and his beautiful bride and spend time with our Dyer relations who are really a fun group to be with. To see pictures more fabulous than I could ever take of the blushing bride & groom visit my cousin Kjrsten's blog. It was so fun to see everyone, or most everyone. I really am blessed with a wonderful family and I am so thankful for them .
To steal a quote from Kjrsten too...here are some Dick Dyer origionals:
Laurieann Lacher, Rebecca Dyer Lacher, Dick Dyer, Rachel Dyer Keller, Benjamin Richard Keller (who is named after grandpa & great grandpa)

Rick Dyer Jr., Dick Dyer, Laurie Dyer

9 comments:

Taffers Dawn said...

How fun to see your family!! I love family and it's always great when you can see them and catch up. Love the pictures of the kids. Definetly looks like they had a lot of fun!!

Hill Family said...

Those are such great pictures of you, and Rebecca with you Grandpa. Priceless.

Dents said...

We got a brithday cake from walmart one year with dark green frosting, everyone that ate the cake had a smile like Bella afterwards. Hooray for sugar and food coloring!

Lindsi said...

What a fun trip for you and Rebecca! Haning out with just the sisters is the best! Love your blog, I just get interupted before I can ever comment!

Bella Dyer said...

Rachel, it was good to see you for a quick second! Your blog is darling! And your kids are so cute....and don't you love having access to a great sitter?...we are lucky to have lots available in our ward.

Bella Dyer said...

It was good to see you...sad it was only for a quick second! Your kids are so cute! Don't you love having access to a great sitter? We are lucky to have lots in our ward too.

Ben & Jen said...

I am so glad you got to get away with your sis! What a fun trip. And its especially nice when you don't have to worry about the kids while you are gone cause there is such a great sitter. I know my daughter just LOVES Talia.

anna said...

it was great to see you even though we only got to talk for a few minutes. we will have to get together next time i am down there. these pics of grandpa are so adorable!!

Rebecca said...

When is our next trip? Beach spring break?