Monday, March 23, 2009

What's UP??

What have we been up to lately?

taking care of little babies who aren't feeling so good...isn't he delightful??
and taking care of bigger babies who also aren't feeling so good. We have had a bout of stomach flu that lasts and lasts make its rounds through the kids, not the throw up kind...but still no fun. It's finally made it's way to me YUCK YUCK.

Bella is expressing her independant fashion taste lately. My mom picking her up from pre school commented, "she looks like a bag lady". Sometimes it's just easier to let her wear what she wants and freeze than fight her on it, she is soooo stubborn. Her new favorite outfits are the one below, accentuated with a large bright yellow scarf of mine that she wears like a pashmina and her ballet tights, leotard and skirt that she insists is appropriate pre-school attire if you just add the skirt below and a cute sweater to the ensamble. She truly wears this skirt at least 3 x a week. She is almost as bad as David who tries to sneak to school in the same holey sweats every day.


My lovely birthday cake, that my sweet husband...otherwise known as my BFF (BEST FRIEND FOREVER for those who didn't go to my junior high and aren't familiar with our lingo). He had Tuesday off which was my birthday and he is really good at making a fuss over me, always cooking& taking care of me. He baked these cupcakes earlier in the day, frosted them and put the candles in and left them in the oven until the party. Then forgot they were in the oven when he went to pre-heat it to make lasagne (another favorite treat of mine). I was disappointed because German chocolate cake is my absolute fave! I settled for a 7 lb chocolate cake from costco...YUMMY!
Would you like some blue wax with your pecan frosting??


David had his pinewood derby on my birthday so that got to be my pre-party. He loves building the car, but was tortured when I made him sand it and paint it 3 times. But he and his dad have gotten pretty good at making cars, this is the 2nd time he has come in first. Not as cool a car as last year's spongebob square pants car because I did the designing of the body and he painted it himself...but it still won. Well, technically he came in 2nd but that is because they let an 11 year old race so David will get to be the one to represent the pack at the district competition.

The siblings enjoyed movies while the older boys raced.

Here is David reigning in his enthusiasm!

Baseball season is upon us...wet, rainy baseball season. We were all bundled up to watch David's first game, except for bella who was wearing her outfit above, a light jacket, and mary jane shoes with no socks...I am mother of the year!

We love our cupcakes. This was our FHE treat for tonight...
The girls are really into the sprinkles, more so than the eating the actual cupcakes. Isabella said it felt like she was spreading fairy dust on her cupcake-just like tinkerbell.

Old Rachel would have eaten all the leftovers...
New rachel still has the stomach flu
THE END!

5 comments:

Kristin D. said...

That cake story is the best. And thanks for the clarification of BFF. Now I feel complete in my education. At least until something new comes along. It looks like there have been lots of fun things going on in your family.

Deana said...

I have the same trouble with Melanie my second child. She has always given me a fit to wear the most craziest outfits and yes I would fight with her about it. You are too kind.She is 11 now and we have some of the same problem only now it is jeans with holes in them. I love the cake story too. What a BFF! You gotta love him.

Heidi said...

All the chocolate pictures make me hungry!!!

Kjrsten said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My kids are all a bunch of bag ladies ever since I stopped battling them on what they wear. Now I know how my mom always felt when I left the house in disapproving outfits!

So good to see you at the temple, let's get together over here soon!

anna said...

happy birthday to my cutest cousin EVAHHH!

your kids are getting all grown up and stuff. and they are absolutely adorable! i totally laughed out loud about bella. she and isla would be two peas, no question. isla has the same idea about this crazy tiered skirt. oh.my.gosh. can i just say, i'm in trouble with that girl. oh-and my mom picked her up for church on sunday and exclaimed that she looked adorable but why was she wearing an old dumpy coat?? it just happened to be NEW and from the GAP but never mind that, it was apple green with 3/4 sleeves and a hood so it sure didn't do her sunday dress justice. i guess.