Friday, August 22, 2008

OMSI

We spent the day last Thursday at OMSI, Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. We try to visit it often, it is so fun for the kids, they love the exhibits and the freedom to run and play. The weatherman had forecast a day in the 100's and so we decided that was the perfect day to grab the cousins and go. David & Rick who are the oldest two were pretty much AWOL the whole time, racing around together but the girls stayed with me so here are some fun pictures of them.



Savannah & Adyson with their princess face paint


Isabella of course is a puppy


I was taking pictures of my girls and then Avery comes up, "aren't you going to take one of me aunt rachel??" She is so sweet!

At one of the water tables, I can't remember what they were supposed to be doing, but mud was flung & water was splashed.

I had to put this picture in here it is on the back side of OMSI, this bridge is the site of my recurring childhood nightmare.... I swear I had this on a regular basis, anyway...here is the jist of the nightmare. We are driving in the green car that belonged to my dad's twin sisters who were in high school when I was small. DOn't ask me why we were driving this car, but my mom was driving and Me & Rick & Jon are in the back, of course no car seats in those days just hop in back kids. And as we go over the Markham bridge we just drive off the top into the Willamite river and I can see the river coming up towards me like in a movie. Every time I drive over this bridge even now I get the heebie jeebies.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh My Gosh Adyson looks like Kelly in those pictures. I wish we could have gone.

Warren Caudle said...

OMSI is a great place to be. We took our kids there when it used to be by the zoo, many moons ago. Hey Rachel, imagine being in a truck, sitting very high up, and you are stuck in traffic on that bridge. I do not mind all the bridges in Portland, but the St. John's, Fremont, and Marquam are way up there.