Saturday, August 23, 2008

Packing Heat & Random Postings

I have a digital photo frame, and when I went to turn it off the other night this is what I found...my figurines were packing heat...then I noticed that all the little figurines I have in the family room were packing heat. Apparently they were getting ready for gangsta wars. My son is so funny!

Here is Benj trying to crawl. He goes a few awkward steps and then does a perfect downward dog-my little Yoga master.

We get lots of hummingbirds on our back deck all day long. It is so fun to watch them, but the bees that come are not as fun. I hate sitting out there to eat.

I had to take this picture while I was stopped at a light in downtown Portland. Plaid Pantrys used to be all over the Vancouver metro area, in fact when we moved to our old house on Graham, there was one a short bike ride away on the corner of 164th & McGillvary. Our parents would give us a $1.00 allowance every saturday and off we'd ride to Plaid to spend it on 10 cent candy. Is there even such thing as 10 cent candy anymore?? Lemonheads, Grape Ape's, Fire Stix. Oh the good old days!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! That picture of your figurine is hilarious!Your kids are the best.

Ben & Jen said...

I love the blog! Its so fun to see what's going on, when I am not so good at keeping in touch. The kids are so cute and C. talks about S. all the time. Check out our blog at benandjen1.blogspot.com

Can't wait to be home again!

Jody said...

Pretty house, Rachel! And you have one cute baby, too!

Marie said...

I can totally identify with the packing heat figurines! How funny! Tyler is so extreme he will set up a scene with his GI Joes with a medic helping an injured guy and three others guarding him them while they wait for transport out. Crazy kids!

jen said...

willow tree people with guns. i love it!
i'm so happy for you and your beautiful new house!!

Dents said...

oh man, i love the mother, father, and new baby are packing heat, that is so funny.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all the pics and reading your blog.