Sunday, September 21, 2008

What a BEAUTIFUL day


Dave & Bella kissing in Waterloo

It's raining here, finally. Did I ever mention that I LOVE the rain? I guess I am a true Western Washantonian...but it is true, I do love it, the smell, the gray cloudy skies, listening to it patter on the window. And since it is raining, and rain means warm quilts, hot chocolate (not from starbucks alas since it is Sunday after all) and reading & thinking I thought I would share 5 things I am thankful for today. Which is something I was thinking about while sipping hot chocolate, under a blanket, listening to the rain (come on doesn't that sound heavenly??)




1. Healthy kids-my kids although battling colds has been our MO for the last month are really very healthy. No allergies, no history of illness. It seems like they get the flu about every time we move to a new area, but the next year do okay. But all in all they are really healthy kids, and I am so grateful for that blessing.



2. My husband, who always calls me his sweetheart, even in the flyer he had printed up to give to patients it states...dr. dave keller blah blah blah, educated at blah blah blah, hobbies include blah blah and at the very end (because all important things are at the end) spending time with his four children and his *sweetheart* Rachel.



3. Snuggling babies, although I probably won't be thankful for this at 2 in the morning when Benj wants to snuggle after he's been fed and I just want to go to sleep with no babies in my arms. But truly today I am grateful that he is so cuddly because that stage doesn't last forever. Unless your name happens to be Savannah Keller, then it probably will last forever.



4. Music-where would the world be without it. I love music of all kinds, and always have to have music on and right now the music of choice is Christmas music. It is like therapy for me, turn on Christmas music and I am in heaven. Especially in the fall when the chill is in the air and you know the holidays are right around the corner.



5. Good teachers-we have a great Sunday school teacher at church, who even puts out lessons on the web for those who do not make it to class. He goes the extra mile, is always smiling, and is very patient with the ladies who have a million questions or go off on really wierd tangents. (one of whom BTW is Tanya Harding's mom...for real). Anyway, I am so thankful for all the teachers in my life, those who teach me, have taught me and those who are teaching my kids.



Lastly, are you a woman, are you in need of some extra inspiration...than check out my sister in law Marzee's new blog. She has been wanting to create a blogzine for a while, a place where women can go to be inspired and share things with each other. I think she is off to a rockin start (did I just say rockin?? that totally dates me doesn't it-oh well). Happy Sunday all!

Benjamin, cuddly from day 1...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

The picture of Dave and Bella is so cute. Are you saying that Tanya Harding's mom is in your ward or that the tangent was Tanya Harding's mom?

Phillips Flips said...

Oh Rachel, someday I want to settle in a place like Washington because I also LOVE the rain! And blankets, and hot chocolate, and Christmas! We have already broken out the Christmas music - December is too short!! What a sweet post -I especially love the cuddling babies one. Your Benjamin looks like such a sweet cuddly teddy bear. I am so glad my Ben likes to cuddle too because Delia is always too busy!

Rachel said...

No Tanya harding's mom is in my ward...crazy huh!

Chris Kline said...

My wife loves Christmas music all year long, too. I told her I was banning it and she said I couldn't control what happened when I was at work. Who's really in charge at my house, you think?

Rebecca said...

The rainy sunday was so great. I'm so lucky to be doing so many of the same things you are. From rain to babies...I love that we can share everything now. Love you sis!

Melani said...

what a great list! I miss you guys too.

PS I do wish I could age like good ol' Sarah, that woman has either had some surgery or she is just naturally blessed.

Women Afire said...

Tanya's Mom - really? That is crazy. One of Jon's carrier's boyfriends dated her (recently) - Tanya, not her Mom.

Just found out we're going to have to start house hunting - tell you about it Weds night. Thanks for the shout out and all the comments on the site!

-Marzee

Heidi said...

Those are cute pics. I miss the rain boohoo!! If you want hot chocolate like starbucks try the recipe on the bake of cocoa box. It's almost the same its really good.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, talking to you several times a week and seeing you more often just isn't enough. I love the things you are thankful for. You are so special.

Ben & Jen said...

Rach, thanks for the reminder to count our blessings... I forget sometimes in the hurry, hurry and hustle of life. I also completely LOVE the rain. People here get all grumpy when it rains, but those are the days I really come out smiling and happy. Lift my face to the rain, smile and just be so happy. There just aren't many of those here.

Again, I loved the list and will have to try and think of one of my own... (I could maybe count school on some days, but right now it is so nuts, its pretty iffy whether or not it would make it.)