Sunday, December 14, 2008

Blog Absenteeism

I know you've missed me blogging the last few weeks. Here is a sampling of some of the things we've done. Add to that dental appointments for all the kids, a fun trip to the temple with Dave & my new calling as a Webelos Cub Scout leader and you can see why I've been so busy:
Cookie baking day with the sisters & grandkids. The kids had a 1/2 day at school so we got together to make cookies, everyone made 2 kids & we all went home with trays full to have & give away throughout the holidays.
Time for samples!
Christmas shopping...with kids (YIKES)The PUD annual Christmas party
Every year my dad's work has a Christmas party for the employees kids. We loved it as kids, treats fun & a visit with Santa. Because my brothers are so much younger than me, I went every year even until I got married. Then when David came along & the rest of the cousins, my dad started inviting all his grandkids. This year all 14 grandkids got to go. The last time we were able to go was when Dave was in Iraq & I flew home from Germany with the 3 kids. David was 5, Savannah was 3 & Bella was just 6 months old. So this was really a treat for all of us.

Grandpa & Benj visiting with friendsCrafts & games


The girls & Rudolph
Ben didn't want to be held right then by David...
Then he noticed Santa and wouldn't take his eyes off of him.
His shirt says: Dear Santa, I've been really good this year (just ask my mom)
The girls asked for a dollhouse (savannah) & a jewelery box full of jewels (bella). David told santa he would give him a list on Christmas eve but it would take too long to ask for things today and there was a big line so he was saving him time. He is such a little character!

I promise to be back for 10 on Tuesday this week...it is my favorite thing to do that I totally copied from my friend Jen. Tune in!

5 comments:

Marie said...

You have been very busy! And Webelos leader! Wow! Looks like you are ready for Christmas. Your tree looks so much better than mine. Of course mine is fake and seemed to get smashed a lot this last year!

Kristin D. said...

I love work Christmas parties. Jared's work only does theirs for the employees. A bit sad really.

Phillips Flips said...

It looks like you guys are really celebrating the Christmas season with cheer! I love the Santa pics - what a miracle nobody is crying! This year was Delia's first happy year with Santa. Bennie Freaked out! It is so great to catch up on your latest news. I love your new family picture!

Kjrsten said...

i simply adore the girls outfits! Are they sweaters? I need your new address! Can you email it to me? Are you guys out next week? Maybe we can plan a playdate, monday?

Mandi said...

Oh, I did indeed miss you in your absense...=) Savannah just looks so adorable in her glasses!