Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Days

Due to the ARCTIC BLAST 2008 we have had our very first snow day. I read on my cousin Kjrsten's blog that her kids turned their pajamas inside out and it magically snowed so I told Savannah that & she tried it last night. And of course, the snow came! The kids school was cancelled this morning, we got a whole 1/2 inch of snow, but of course it was cancelled way before that appeared. Still it was fun.

Crepes for breakfast a la Grandma Raquel. *She always made those for us when we visited her in Tacoma or on Christmas morning when I was very small & they lived here in Vancouver*

The mad dash through winter clothes box to find boots, hats & gloves and then a romp in the snow. Snow angels were made & Savannah wrote no school yeah in the snow over & over.

Then in for some hot chocolate. What a fun morning.

The snow had all melted by the afternoon, Bella still had pre-school so the rest of the day went normally except for the two bigs tagging along everywhere I went.

Snow days are magical!!

7 comments:

Kristin D. said...

You make everything so fun for you kids. I hope I can be more like that.

Taffers Dawn said...

Yay for days off from school. Seems the pajama trick works...i'll have to remember that.

Rebecca said...

That is so cute, I can't wait to hear if David gets into it!

Heidi said...

I remember those snow days and was always sad when it was always gone by noon.I hear it's snowing again what a fun white Christmas. Hopefully huh

Mandi said...

yikes...sounds like it's piling down everywhere! bring on the snow!

Bethany said...

I wish I'd known that magic pajama trick earlier. Teachers love snow days even more than kids!

Dents said...

We missed 3 days of school because of the snow! I love you new family pictures, your hair looks especially amazing! I hadn't been to your blog for awhile. I enjoyed the updates.
I love Christmas cards too, I hope I get some more :)
So tell me about your Marathon! Have you started training? I am considering training for a marathon, Greg's hygenist is running a marathon in May in Scotland...I figure if you are going to run that far you need to make it a "destination run."
I love your Christmas decorations. Has the snow helped get you more in the Christmas spirit?