Thursday, February 12, 2009

Photo Tag

4th folder, 4th picture tag...you get the drift


This is overlooking the city of Nurnberg from the castle. Don'tyou love the red roofs? That is one of my favorite things about germany, all the red roofed homes. Judging from Bella's coat it was February or March of 2006.

We had gone to Nurnburg with our friend Frank Horsefall (who is in the cute German hat next to Dave). He was a good friend Dave met through the Boy Scout Council that lived in Bern and would come stay with us when they had meetings in Wuerzburg. He was always so sweet to our kids when he came to visit. Letting them climb on him and holding someone's hand. He had never been to Nurnberg so we had to take him and show him the city. I love that city, the towers, the market square with fresh flowers. I think on this trip we went to the museum of the guy who painted rabbits...I can't think of his name and my Rick Steves books are in the basement, awaiting my next European adventure (hint hint Dave).

Isabella was always so good in her pack, she pretty much lived in it. We moved to Germany when she was 2 months old and so travelling and hiking in her pack was pretty much all she knew. Dave would keep earplugs in his pocket though because for those who know bella, she is pretty loud. She would pull on his ears to tell him which way to turn and shout at the rest of us when we weren't doing what she wanted. She's not bossy at all! ha ha!

I tag Rebecca, Jody, Kjrsten, Marie

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Ha ha! I didn't know he wore ear plugs...oh I miss germany.

Kristin D. said...

That is my city. You know you could always come for another visit sometime. I love the story about the ear plugs and ear pulling.

Dents said...

i miss the red roofs too! Watching Willy Wonka growing up I had no idea where they could have filmed such a movie. But watching it now, I know it could only have been filmed in Germany!!