Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Belated Ten


I just couldn't get it together last night to do a 10 on Tuesday so here is a belated 10....things I really want to do and need to MAKE TIME for even though there is...piles of laundry, ironing, busy errands, pack meetings & 1 billion other things that are demanding attention. This year I'd like to focus on the little things that make life important rather than the little things that take away our focus from what is important.

1. Read stories to my babies-all 4 of them. Every night!

2. Spend 20 minutes reading & pondering the scriptures with few distractions. I can't guarantee no distractions because I am not a wake up early before the kids kind of person so this is the best I can do.

3. Get out & enjoy nature with the family more. Strangely in this beautiful place we live in, we really haven't made time to go for walks or go hiking.

4. Cuddle up with a good book, just for me. Okay, this I have been doing, but I want to keep dong it! Good reads lately: The green rider series-although I forgot until after I got into it that this lady only updates her series every five years so now I am irritated because I have to wait 5 more years for closure!!

6. Exercise every day...I just got way off track over the holidays.

7. Enjoy one on one time with the kids, more frequently. Really listen to what they are saying.
8. Date night EVERY WEEK! Sometimes we count things as dates that aren't really dates, so we need to be better about planning & executing good dates.
9. Try not to yell so much, sometimes it feels like I have to yell just to be heard over the noise of the family, and I hate it. So I really want to not yell so much.
10. Do my visiting teaching. I am not one with a testimony of visiting teaching. I have only been assigned visiting teachers that actually came twice in the last 15 years since I came into relief society. And with my history of moves that means I was have probably been visit taught a total of 15 times. So it is difficult for me to feel like I want to go out when I have never developed a testimony of their importance. But I know in my head I need to so I am determined to be better this year.
ps. bella has mastered her bike without being too scared & ben is walking-pictures to follow

3 comments:

Taffers Dawn said...

I love reading your 10 everyweek. It makes me focus on my goals and the good things in life. I'm kindof like that with Visiting Teaching. Need to be better.

Ben & Jen said...

I loved this ten. I love all your Tuesday tens, but this one is something I need to work on as well. We all have our lists, right?!?!

Rebecca said...

I'll watch your kids so you can go VT! It is so much easier to go when you don't have to worry about them.