Friday, January 2, 2009

My baby is 1

Benjamin Richard Keller
January 2, 2008
9 lbs 8 oz
Bundle of loves
And I am a little sad today. The new baby stage is so short, and with all the chaos in our lives it seems like it just flew by.

Ben is getting so big, he is a beautiful & happy boy who loves cuddling his momma, and other people too but mostly me (which I LOVE). He is spoiled, I rock him to sleep almost every night, I know I should let him learn to fall asleep on his own but that is one of my favorite things to do with him. He is taking his very first tenative steps this week, trying two or three and then falling down to crawl. But he doesn't like to walk to me, just leap forward hoping I will catch him.

He loves to ride his new truck with the kiddos pushing him & he loves eating what everyone else has. He also loves to drum on rock band and if the sticks are on the floor will go up and drum the drums, or your head whatever is closer.

Happy Birthday Ben, we love you!


11 comments:

Mandi said...

He is such a cute little guy...One day I wish to meet him!

Unknown said...

He's so cute! Happy Birthday Ben!!

Kristin D. said...

I have never seen pictures of him as a newborn. Wow, he looks like a big one. And so cute too.

Taffers Dawn said...

awww so cute!! He is such a cute boy!

Unknown said...

I echo the comment from Mandi....Happy Birthday Ben!

WHO WANTS BURGERVILLE?????

Man, I miss the Northwest.

Jody said...

Rachel, I'm guilty, too, of rocking all my babies to sleep. One of the best parts of being a mother, in my opnion!

You've got a cutie there. It goes fast, doesn't it? Hope he has a good day!

Deana said...

I know exactly what you mean. Our last one will be three in April. We are sad but time much go on. Enjoy every little bit of life that you can.

Bella Dyer said...

it goes by too fast huh??? Our baby is potty trained, craziness. It make me sad to see the mile stones...coming way too fast. We are also done with nursery as of tomorrow...oh, sad for us? Cute pics...your babies are so yummy!

Heidi said...

oh so cute. I love when you can just rock them to sleep. You only have so long to cuddle before they wont probably. He was a very cute baby. Still is too.

Rebecca said...

Happy birthday Benners! And Happy Anniversary sis! Are you guys doing anything to celebrate?

Hill Family said...

Why do they grow up so fast? It seems like you are pregnet forever, but the minute they are out they grow up way to fast. Cute pictures of Ben. We need to get together again....lets plan somthing.