Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Frohe Ostern

We are getting ready for Easter here at the Keller house. The daffodils are blooming
and we have decorated our little easter tree.

Easter trees are a bavarian custom, that I fell in love with. Obviously I need to make myself some more eggs for our little tree, but that will have to wait until next year when we are not in the throes of moving chaos. You hang eggs on a flowering tree and if it flowers before Easter it is a year of good luck. Bavaria and Germany in general had so many great customs and traditions that we have incorporated many of them into our family traditions now which is fun. Here is a pic of our first little Easter tree in 2005 and yes it did flower with pretty yellow flowers!! Frohe Ostern everyone!!

4 comments:

Marie said...

Well eggs will have to wait this year! It is so windy and rainy they would just blow away! Have a great Easter!

Kailey said...

I just hung ours this week too! Only my tree is a bunch of curly willow branches in a vase inside the house! I love the traditions too! :)

Anonymous said...

I like the tree custom - very cool.

Kjrsten said...

that tree is awesome, do you just miss Germany everyday/all the time?! I do quite often with Russia and I was only there for 6 months, I can't imagine the longing you might feel from time-to-time!