Tuesday, March 4, 2008

LOVE Grandma & Grandpa


We made a Dairy Queen run last night for FHE in honor of Grandma Dyer. The most thoughtful Grandmaever! Starting my freshman year at BYU she sent money to me for almost every holiday, in a sweet little card. At first it always said to take my sweetheart out to Dairy Queen , then it was to take Dave & I out to DQ for a date and then it was to take the kids out for ice cream. She always wrote sweet letters and signed love Grandma & Grandpa. Even living away the last 6 years she always made me feel like I was a part of the great Dyer clan. She did that for all of her grandchildren who were out of high school-all all 18 million of us! I miss her letters, and her soft kisses. We all got our favorite DQ treats and talked about Grandma Raquel who is up in heaven and how we are going to see her again someday. All in all a great FHE. Love you grandma!

3 comments:

anna said...

today i was thinking about how grandma went on a field trip with me in kindergarten. we went to the zoo and we ate tuna fish sandwiches for lunch. i miss her.

Kjrsten said...

I love that you did that with your kids, what a great idea Rachel! I miss her so much, all the time, it's amazing how much she influenced my life in such a quiet but constant way, I didn't even realize it at the time.

Kailey said...

Rachel-- You are the coolest!! I need to remember to read your blog often because you are such a good blogger. I was just catching up on the past few weeks of posts and laughing and telling James to come read. We miss you guys and are so glad you're our friends! How much longer are you in Virginia?