Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

What a lovely day, warm weather, flowers blooming, cute kids & celebrating the life and resurrection of the Savior. Who can ask for anything more. Here are some pics of the kids in their matchy matchy Easter clothes-which I LOVE. I have to say that David was so excited to have a little brother to dress like him, he was so cute-gave me a giant hug when I brought home the sweaters. He really loves his little brother.


We had a wonderful morning, the kids woke up to look for baskets which the bunny likes to hide-a wicked tradition that I had in my family and I have to say I ended up hating because the bunny got trickier the older you got. One year I was SO MAD at the "easter bunny" that by the time we got back from church and I still hadn't found my basket I totally gave up. I am sure I threw a huge hissy fit but just remembering going up to my room and saying that I "DIDN"T CARE". I don't know which of my sweet siblings ended up finding the basket but that was a holiday to remember. By the time I got out of bed the kids were busy enjoying their baskets and then one of them peeked out the window and saw there was an egg on one of the hedges. So we had to throw shoes on and run outside to hunt for eggs. They were so busy eating candy & hard boiled eggs they didn't even ask for breakfast this morning.

So we dyed eggs on Saturday night and this was such a good example of each one of the kids personalities. There were 9 glasses with colors in them. Savannah carefully selected the best color, carefully dipped her egg into it and then turned it over & over so it would be just the right color. Isabella also carefully selected her favorite color-PINK but spoons were just not doing it for her so she had to use her hands to roll the eggs in the color to get it just right. David lined up 2 rows of 3 glasses (we were coloring 6 eggs each) into perfect lines and plopped an egg into each glass. Waited all of 1 minute and then pronounced-I"m done! They are such characters!!

We had a devotional before church to talk about the real meaning of Easter which was really great. I love the stage of life David & Savannah are at that they are starting to understand scripture and also wanting to help the little ones understand. Savannah always asks an easy question for bella so she can participate in our lessons and they both pray for Ben in every prayer-that he will be healthy and learn the gospel. It is too sweet. As I was reading the scriptures this morning I felt really blessed to have the gospel and thought about my grandma and those who have passed recently. My friend Patti has really been an inspiration to me recently and if you want to read her Easter post you can go to www.caringbridge.org/visit/robepperson she is so amazing dealing with the tragedy of loosing a husband and still retaining her incredible faith in Christ and the resurrection. She is inspiring!

6 comments:

The Anthony Family said...

Rach...the kids are so cute! I love all the outfits. My daughter would be the same as David if she could have a girl on her side. No body likes to be the odd man out. Looks like they had fun, especially Bella. Her hands are great! I read your friend Patti's whole blog. It was so amazing. How sad! Life is so fragile. Happy Easter! I'll email you today!

Rebecca said...

Are those bows or hats? just kidding. The kids looked adorable. Wish we could have spent it with you guys! But the countdown is on!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE LOVE OLVE YOUR BLOG

Anonymous said...

Thank you Rachel - I visited her site. My heart is torn - and full at the same time. Amazing. They'll be in my prayers tonight.

Kailey said...

How fun!! It's so fun to read your blog and see what you guys are up to. I love how each of your kids have such distinct personalities!!

Kjrsten said...

what a sweetheart that Savanah is! I love the easter matching pics, each sibling has a "twin"!