Sunday, March 2, 2008

Busy Bees

We had a busy busy week this week. I've gone back to the gym every day and Isabella is so happy to be back at "the zone" which is what they call the little kid area they take the bigger kids to to play. Benjamin has been enjoying his little naptime at the gym too. We have really loved this gym, they have such a great playland for kids and lots of activities for them every day-they don't just sit in the playland, they are actually doing activities and exercising just like the parents.

Tuesday was the blue & gold banquet for cub scouts at our ward. David was awarded his Bear badge, which he worked really hard to get.
Wednesday was David's 9th birthday. And also a nature class for Bella at the nature center....we went to the gym, the nature class, dunkin donuts to bring donuts to David's class at lunch (I know I know, cupcakes are traditional but we were trying to be DIFFERENT)...home to frost the alien cake, then when the kids got home at 3 we ran to Pietros to get a pizza for dinner. Dave got off early to be home and open presents and then it was a playstation fest. Our son was in HEAVEN-until he found out that his very own game system does not mean he can play whenever he wants. He still has to follow mom's lame rule of only 1/2 hour after school and 1 hour on weekends. Sometimes mom's just suck the fun out of life!! All he wanted was a green alien cake so here is my version of his description-BTW the chocolate bars were YUMMY!
Thursday & Friday were grocery & errand day...and this is what the little boo did while I was busy trying to catch up on the checkbook balancing act...actually this picture was from a couple days ago, but she has been sneaking into my makeup a lot lately. She comes downstairs and says "aren't I beautiful"...Bella did you get into my makeup?...mom, I don't care!
Today the little man turns 2 months old...what a sweetheart. Part of me feels so bad because he spends so much time in his little carseat. Way more than with the other kids, especially the oldest two, because we are just busier and on the go more. But he does get a lot of love, from all of us. He is such a sweet, good natured baby. Last night we were getting ready for family prayers and the little man was crying...bella comes up to him and says "blah blah blah I don't speak baby!" What a hoot! She loves him so much, sometimes a little too much for his taste-hair in the face is not his favorite thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun checking in on you! Sounds like you are busy . . . . doing all of those great things. I'm sure you'd win the mommy award!

Kjrsten said...

Wow, I couldn't being to imagine all the extra "stuff" that comes with having a scout! I am sucre very proud parent moments must come right along with all the busy work so it's worth it right!

That cake looks awesome! good job busy mom, you rock!

Poor Baby Ben (no one puts baby in the corner! hee, hee!) that is the life of #3...#4...#5...etc... but he will get LOTS of love from big brother and sisters, so again, it's all worth it!

You are a busy bee!

Kjrsten said...

sorry about my mis-spellings that really bugs me! hmmmf!