Thursday, October 23, 2008

Good Morning Vancouver

David doing some morning reading of Spongebob or as they say in France Bob Le Esponge
I've been wanting to post for a while kind of a day in the life of our family...spread out over a week. So that I could chronicle what life is like for us. So today we are starting with the morning routines.

Dave & I are opposites when it comes to waking up, he is up early and happy...and I am happiest when I can sleep in and enjoy slowly waking up. So far we have two that wake up early and one who wakes up late and likes to stay up late...can you guess who?

David pops out of bed happy and raring to go at about 6 every morning. Savannah wakes up around 6:30 but not happy, she wants to be cuddled for a while to begin her day. Isabella, the night owl gets woken up between 7:30 and 8 and always needs a little bit of time to rub the grump off her face.

Usually David & Savannah are up before I get up which is around 7. But they will never fix breakfast for themself. They will ask everyone to fix them breakfast, hoping that someone will make them pancakes or French Toast. Their least favorite is cereal which is what they make for themselves when in desperation. Today we had pancakes.

The kids have late school-they don't leave for the bus until 8:40 so we have a long morning and if it was up to them it would consist of watching cartoons until 8:20 when they would race to get dressed and race to school. Except on Thursdays when Savannah goes to EXCEL-a gifted program run by the district. She leaves for the bus at 7:30.

Today our morning went like this:

-Mom's alarm goes off at 6 (I have to set it for EXCEL or I will sleep in & miss the bus like last week)
-Try to put Benj back in bed unsuccessfully so I can make breakfast, instead pass him off to daddy.
-David wakes up, I wake Savannah up with loves & a morning song (a tradition from my mom-good morning little sunshine) She needs to be up before 6:30 today.
-The kids read their scriptures on the couch while I make breakfast, Dave & Benj are working in the office
-Breakfast time at 6:30-pancakes, milk, loads of syrup
-Get dressed, brush teeth, mouthwash, fix Savannah's hair-today is a ponytail day. David incidentally HATES having his hair combed or fixed in anyway, no water on the head, no gel. That is why his hair is always so short.
-Send the kids downstairs to clean the toyroom, with threats that the toys that don't get picked up will be thrown away. They both come upstairs indicating that they only picked up "their toys" and they don't care about the rest. Poor Bella!
-Time to make beds & send the kids to turn lights off
-Family prayers at 7:20 (some days we say 3 family prayers, once with Dave & I before he leaves for work if he has an early patient, once with David & Savannah before school and once with Bella when she finally rolls out of bed.
-Walk Savannah to the bus, if Dave is gone David babysits the baby so I don't have to bundle him up, it is starting to get cold in the mornings

Savannah ready to go to EXCEL


-Wake up Isabella and turn off Savannah's light...she always leaves it on...Bella gets woken up with the morning song too and insists on being carried down the stairs. She also insists on getting dressed before coming downstairs
-Breakfast for Bella, practice the piano for David, do the dishes for mom & Benjamin (this is Benj's favorite chore. He loves to sit and play in the water and take dishes out of the dishwasher, totally entertaining for him)


Bella is ready to start her day with coloring

-David hovers by the door at about 8:30 waiting for the Perrins kids to come so he can run to the bus with them. And now the mornings is over and our day can begin....

Evidence of the morning cuddles, blankets left all of the couch!

4 comments:

Taffers Dawn said...

That's so fun to see the events of your morning! You are such a good mom!! I can invision all this in my head but it's at your house in Germany. I wish I could see your new place!!! I miss you guys alot.

Mandi said...

I love how you make sure every one of your kids get family prayer...even if it has to be at different times. Lucky girls that get to wake up to cuddles and a song...you are such a caring person.

Rebecca said...

I am not looking forward to busy school mornings!

Melani said...

I love your couches! FAB! I remember my mom would sing to me to but ususally it was an overly cheery wake up tune. Or my dad would come in and yell, "RAUS!"