Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Indian Summer

I just love long Indian Summers. Chill in the air in the morning and evenings, but warm lazy afternoons. You know fall & winter are right around the corner, but you are still enjoying summertime activities like:

Learning to ride your first bike without mommy...

Showing off your skilz...


Jumping for hours...

Making cookies with the neighbor kids...they are so cute...good looks must run in their family...(for those who haven't heard we live down the street from my aunt so these are my cousins, except the little dark haired girl who is just a friend)

Apple goodness for family night treat (this was seriously the most delicious apple cake EVER)...Dave & I polished it off last night savoring the carmely, apply warmth...YUM!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

YUMM!!! Looks good!That's my favorite thing about fall all the cooking and eating lol

Ben & Jen said...

What fun pictures and things to do! I LOVE fall more than any season. The colors, smells, temperatures, and great things to do. The fun seasonal decorations (I am going to get out the halloween decorations tomorrow and let Goose go to), getting ready to think about and shop for Christmas, yippee!! Not to mention all the canning. We just finished up a bunch of fruit leather and am doing tomatoes tonight and tomorrow. Next week is a soup base that one of our great Aunties told mom about. So fun.

Harold said...

Rachel Looks life life is good. I found your blog finally. It is nice to see your family again. Your kids are so big.Do you talk to the merklys still?

Heidi said...

What's the recipe? Looks like you're having lots of fun! All those evergreens in the first picture make me miss washington.

Taffers Dawn said...

How fun!!! I miss seeing you Rachel and your kids!!! Where are ya'll living now! You need to send me an email and let me know the happenings in your life.

Women Afire said...

Oh the apples! I have soooo been craving an apple pie. I just don't know if I have the baking chops to do it to perfection - I've never even tried! Plus, Shoot - the sugar - love it, but shouldn't! Lookin' dee-lish!

-marzee

Kjrsten said...

That looks delish! Love the leaves changing and the crisp air too! And the holidays just around the corner! Can't wait to get together with you guys SOON!