Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Angel Mother

Yesterday was my wonderful mother's birthday-insert cheers here-what a special day for all of us, we get to honor her all day long. And for the first time in 15 years (yes that's right 15) I got to wish my mom a happy birthday with a hug on her actual birthday. So needless to say I was so thrilled and wished it wasn't Monday (the day she works) so that we could've spent the whole day with her. Instead we settled for lunch with mom & dad on their lunchbreaks and an evening with the whole family for cake & laughs.


Since it is Tuesday here are 10 things I love about my mom:

1. She is someone to look up to in the way she lives her life. She honors her temple covenants and has always tried her very best to do what is right.
2. She always has a happy smile for everyone, regardless of what she feels inside she tries to look at the positive and help others feel happy too.
3. Every time she sees me she gives me a big hug & always has to love on all the grandkids. She has the ability to make them each feel like they are her "very favorite". When she would leave from visiting us I don't know who would cry more, me or my kids.
4. She has always dropped everything to come and help me when each of my babies was born. This was especially important to me when Bella & Benj were born since they were born so far from home & family. I think it was a fun for Dave too since they always bonded for hours while we wait for the induction to start. They always end up buying something delicious for lunch to keep me focused on what I get to eat (and then throw up) after the baby is born.
5. The three years we were in Germany she visited every year. I can't tell you how important that was to me that she would spend the money and time to come out, twice with dad and once on her own as a last minute surprise. Some of my favorite memories are of travelling with mom & dad. And of travelling with just mom, touring the countryside, visiting Louis castles while Dave was at a conference. Driving around. Good times.
6. Speaking of travelling, my mom drove across the country with me not once, but twice. The first time when Dave joined the Army and we had to meet him in North Carolina, she helped me drive my babies and belongings. What a fun trip full of books on tape, laughs and exhaustion. And then the second time when we were leaving the army with a 3 month old baby, she came with Dave & I, two cars, four kids, books on ipod, carioke, laughs and exhaustion.
7. My mom is beautiful. When she was married she had gorgous long brown hair, and pretty brown eyes, now her hair is shorter but she is still just as beautiful. Thanks for the great genes momma!
8. She loves to exercise, and ran a 5K with me this spring. We trained together since I was living at her house and had a lot of fun. I hope to do it again soon with her.
9. She is a fabulous cook, but not only that LOVES to cook and bake especially if it is for someone she loves. We tease her that Dyers are all about the food...the delicious Dyers. But what a treat it is to cook with my mom, plan a fun meal or fun dessert, get in the kitchen and talk and laugh together. I love it!
10. She always makes it all better. I am so thankful that I have a mom that I can talk to about anything, and she always makes me feel better. Thanks mom, I Love you!! Happy Birthday!

Blowing out the candles


Mom & Dad presiding over their progeny...mom is helping the kids draw names for Christmas, oldeset to youngest.


I just loved this look on Ben's face, isn't he such a cutie pie!

I thought this was so funny, Eli mooching off great grandpa!

7 comments:

Mandi said...

Your mom looks so much like you, same contagious smile. She seems like a really selfless woman!

Unknown said...

You are so lucky to live by your mom! And well everyone else in your family!!

Rebecca said...

Love you mom! Great tribute Rach.

Taffers Dawn said...

How awesome!! The things you described about your mom reminded me of you! You are awesome as well!

Ben & Jen said...

What a great tribute to your mom! I love it. And I sure love your mom and rest of your family, too. I learn a lot from watching each of you.

Women Afire said...

Rach - It really is neat to see Mom through your eyes. Thanks for doing this post! Love to all - and Mom of course!
-Marz

Melani said...

What a great mums you have!