Monday, November 17, 2008

10 randoms on Tuesday

1. Isn't my girl a cutie in her new glasses. Savannah failed her school eye exam this year. She has always passed before and has had one every year while we were in the Army at her well child visit. But this year she failed & sure enough she has an astigmatism that needed to be addressed with glasses. We convinced her that they were a beautiful accessory to match her beautiful face. I've even been wearing my glasses around (a little bit) so she can see that they really do make you look cute (in a marion the librarian sort of way).

2.David sang a solo at the primary sacrament meeting program and did so well. He sang the 2nd verse of called to serve, all by himself and the children came in on the chorus and it sounded so wonderful. It really made my heart swell to see him sing that beautiful hymn and imagine the missionary he will be someday. He was so brave and did something that even I have a very difficult time doing as an adult.

3. I am staring at 4 loads of laundry that need to be put away and 4 more in the dryer...I really hate laundry but want to get it all done because Dave & I are headed (with baby) to Chicago on Friday. He has a conference and invited me to tag along (YEAH!) I've never been to Chicago and am so excited, plus this will settle this bug inside me that thinks I need to go on a trip every month and has been grossly neglected since we moved home from Germany.

4. Last week my mom invited all her daughters over for a fancy dinner & craft night. She is such a sweetheart, set the dining room table beautifully for us, with China & Silver and prepared a super fun craft for us to do. We laughed and visited and had fun away from the kids & husbands which is a must for all sisters to do every now and again.

5. Sometimes when you are crafting, you say things, that if taken out of context can sound really bad. It was like a bad version of that wedding shower game where everything you say as you are opening your gifts will be what you say on your wedding night...it started with "oh crap I forgot to wipe" and pretty much spiraled downard. To say that we were laughing is pretty much an understatement. But oh the loads of fun we had.

6. Dave is almost done with his 6th class for his MBA (out of 11). I know, you are all thinking "overachiever". He just loves to learn and be in school. But really this program has gotten a bit tedious and I think part of him is regretting doing it. But he is over 1/2 way so no turning back. When he is finished he will be Dave Keller, DDS, MAGD, ABGD, MBA...all he needs is an MD, MS & JD...just kidding...I think I would retire from supportive wifedom if he tried to pull any of those off!

7. At pre-school Isabella heard a story about a turkey who gets scared and runs away before thanksgiving. So she has taken the few turkeys I have for decoration and hid them...behind pictures, under blankets. It is so funny. She says they are hiding so we won't eat them.

8. Who else is excited for Thanksgiving? Besides all the delicious foods & pies (Cran-Apple, Pumpkin, Berry & Merenge) I get to meet a *maybe* future sister-in-law. Scott is bringing home his girlfriend Clarissa. And even though they are pretty secrative about *future plans* it is still exciting for us and I hope she isn't too nervous to meet our big loud family. We'll try not to scare her away! Unless of course we decide to vote her off the island-JUST KIDDING!

9. The kids are almost home from school-my favorite time of the day, chaotic with trying to do homework, cook dinner & practice piano but still wonderful to have them back home with me where they belong!

10. We raked leaves up in our yard on Saturday-only 1 bag instead of the 83 (NO LIE) that we had to rake up last fall & spring in Virginia, that's what I am thankful for today!
Picture Time:
The dining room all cleaned up from dinner
The kitchen in throes of good crafting
Always efficient, mom is putting away silver while we paint
Ben is tuckered out...
Some of the girls, minus Kelly who wasn't feeling good so went home early
Do you LOVE Rebecca's hats, she makes them and is setting up an etsy shop...I can't wait to get mine!


A pic from a few weeks ago, LaurieAnn & Benj tuckered out & sleeping on the couch

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

That picture with all the girls really captured how we were laughing. I think it is hilarious. I love the sleeping babies...and hope that this isn't the last one we have together!

Jody said...

Rachel,

1. Riley AND Noah have glasses, so we know exactly how that is. A pain most of the time, espcially with boys.

2. I have that EXACT same tree I made at an enrichment (homemaking back then) craft day. I love it still to this day.

3. And we're going away too, this weekend for our anniversary to Rocky Point, Mexico. It's just for a few nights, but we're excited.

Gosh, we have more in common right now that I thought!

Mandi said...

I love the tree creations!

Melani said...

I love how Isabella is hiding all the turkeys! That is hillarious!

Kristin D. said...

You look just like your mom...I was amazed. What a wonderful mother you are to have when your kids get home from school and the house is in chaos be your favorite time of day. Wow!!

Women Afire said...

This is me, commenting amidst unpacking, paper writing, and all other craziness so that you know I still care, keep up on you - and am glad that you get to see Twilight in Chicago! Wahoo!!! Travel safe and see you when you get back. Oh - and don't forget to wipe! ;)
-marz

Heidi said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on. I love to hear the kids sing it almost always makes me cry cause it's so pretty. I don't I just choke. I don't know what I'm going to do when my kids are singing. That is so funny of your daughter hiding the turkey's. I wonder if she will eat turkey on Thanksgiving.

Kailey said...

I love all your Tuesday posts. They are fun to read-- I haven't been keeping up lately though. I hope all is well!! We love you guys!! Savanah looks so cute in her glasses. Smart, beautiful girls wear glasses! Loves-- Happy Thanksgiving.