Saturday, November 1, 2008

HALLOWEEN HAPPENINGS

We had a fabulously fun halloween except for a minor injury that required a few shots & an incision. David stepped on a thorn while cleaning out the van and Dave had to slip into Dr. mode. It was so deep, and David isn't the easiest person when it comes to pain management so he got a few shots to ease the pain while Dave cut the thorn out. Poor kid was hobbling around all night long. He's still on the couch with an ice pack on his foot.

We do a halloween dinner every year...this year at the Creepy Cafe we were served:
Mini Mummies, Bloody Fingers (a family favorite) and...
Witch Doctor Stew to drink.
YUMMY!
The mummies were supposed to be hot dogs, but I couldn't find the ones I bought...I have a sinking feeling they are somewhere in the parking lot at Fred Meyers where Ben threw them out of the cart when I wasn't looking!!
Picture Time:
B B BYU...
GOOOOO COUGARS!!!!

Two Sweethearts!!


David was invited to a birthday party before trick or treating at our neighbors. He was so raring to go he didn't want to wait for pictures...this was taken as one of the other Clone Troopers at the party ran by with his glow stick...pretty cool effect huh!! I think it looks like a light saber. But of course clone troopers don't use light sabers, oh well!


Our little cowboy loves his ladies!


Trick-or-Treat!


I traded places with Dave after an house so Ben could get warm. I had the bucket of treats on the stairs. He reached through the railings to get the bucket to dump out & then grabbed a treat quickly before I discovered him! He's so smart.

11 comments:

Melani said...

sneeky little fellow. I love the BYU cheerleader outfits!

Heidi said...

I think every kids is born knowing about candy. Your girls are so cute in the cheer leading out fits. Where did you get them? That's a fun dinner idea too.

Mandi said...

I love the creepy floaty fellows in the stew. I love the byu outfits...

KAT said...

Hi Rachel! Look at how much fun you guys have! I love the 'bloody fingers'. Ha! That's one I may use for next year. :-)

Trina

Rebecca said...

I guess we're doing the same thing right now?! I am so glad we get to spend all the holidays together now. I loved all your cuties' costumes. How fun. See you tomorrow!

Rebecca said...

PS the floating heads turned out GREAT! I am going to have to do that next year!

Harold said...

I want to come to your house next year for Halloween. Looks like fun

Unknown said...

Too fun Rach! Looks like a spooky time at your house!

Ben & Jen said...

The dinner looks SO fun! Unfortunately, my family is a bunch of bums. Last time I tried that, neither would eat it... too real looking, I guess. lol. Cait was also a cheerleader. How fun!

Lucy Lybbert said...

I love the byu cheerleaders!! go cougs!
<3 cuz lucy

Dents said...

Fun Halloween. I like the creepy food. Your kids look cute.